Have a Wing Ding of a good time while supporting essential life-recovery programs at Streets Alive Mission, and help bring HOPE to those in need. On Tuesday, July 18th, everyone is invited to join in the fantastic evening of food, friends, and fun, complete with dinner, dessert, auction, and lively entertainment, all in support of Streets Alive Mission. Get in quick, as the Summer Wing Ding usually sells out, and tickets must be bought in advance.
Streets Alive has seen a 54% increase in demand for their services already this year, mainly clothing and supplies, and they are struggling to keep up. In 2016 they were able to provide over 5,000 full sets of clothing, which includes a shirt, sweater, one pair of underwear, socks and pants, to those in need. This year there is an even greater demand, and the shelves are frequently empty. At times they have no option but to turn people away from the PIN Bank (People In Need clothing exchange). The Emergency Food Bank has had overwhelming demand, with 62% increase, and interest in the Trusteeship program has doubled in the past year. Trusteeships offer individuals the opportunity to have someone steward their finances in an effort to improve their financial stability and accountability.
Streets Alive Mission also offer other essential programs like “Feeding ‘em Hope” (a program that provides one meal a day, 7 days a week), a Women’s and a Men’s Home, Foot Friday, Emergency Food Bank, and the ASK Learning Centre.
The Wing Ding is Streets Alive Mission’s main fundraising event for the summer. There will be a number of ways to contribute to the life-recovery services, offered at no-charge, for the people served at the Mission:
- Live Auction – with a twist – an opportunity to directly invest in our major programming, like the PIN Bank and the Trusteeship Program. Tax receipts will be available for donations over $20.
- Corporate partners – opportunities will be available to invest in the work of Streets Alive Mission with the new corporate sponsorships for the Feeding Programs.
Marie McLennan, Associate Director of Philanthropy says,
The Wing Ding is a vital fundraiser for the Mission this year. Clothing donations are important and appreciated, but due to the overwhelming demand this spring, the financial support generated at the Wing Ding is critical for our programs. Apart from being a fun night out it’s also a great way for you or your business to get connected in the community and support a local charity.
Date: Tuesday July 18th, 2017
Location: Enmax Centre, 2510 Scenic Drive South, Lethbridge
Time: Doors open at 5:30pm, Dinner at 6 p.m., auction to follow
Buy Tickets from Marie at the Streets Alive Mission Office
Address: 323 4th St S, Lethbridge
More information can be found at http://streetsalive.ca/wingding2017
- Streets Alive Mission began as the vision of three women back in 1989 to reach out to the impoverished and less-fortunate people in Lethbridge.
- There are many vital life-recovery programs run by Streets Alive Mission, including the People In Need (PIN) Bank, a meal program, a Trusteeship program that teaches clients how to handle their money, and both men’s and women’s transitional housing. All of these programs are provided by generous donations of community supporters, and teams of committed volunteers. No government funding is used for Streets Alive Mission programs.
- Streets Alive Mission serves over 100 people per day, on average, through their programs.
- In 2016, Streets Alive Mission provided over 10,000 individual items to people in need, as well as 50,000 sandwiches for those living on the streets or in the shelter and low-income hotels around downtown Lethbridge.
Streets Alive Mission is dedicated to bringing hope to those who have none, by building relationships with the disenfranchised, through a variety of volunteer driven programs.
For more information on the Summer Wing Ding Fundraiser please contact:
Marie McLennan, Associate Director of Philanthropy
323 4St South, Lethbridge AB T1J 1Z9